2012-07-30

DEFCON 20: Swag and Con Stash

I was able to acquire items I planned to get this year.  The only item I missed out was the RFID reader because the vendor ran out.  I got 2 badges and all 3 lanyards.  You'll need all 3 lanyards (green, red, yellow) to solve the puzzles.  I also got the Defcon backpack and pocket books.  I was also able to get my copy of Metasploit signed by Dave.  Other acquisitions worth mentioning, Reaver Pro and the Wifi Pineapple Elite.  My badge was able to pair with a number of other badges, minus the Artist and the Uber.  I remember pairing with an Artist on Saturday night, but obviously it did not dock properly.  As far as the Uber was concerned, I did try to find any of the contest winners Sunday afternoon after the Closing Ceremonies but it seemed like everyone of them was rushing to the airport or to the next party in Rio.  Either way, my badge still reported my rank as "Hustler"